Awesome Weekly Robotics
A collection of useful links discovered through the work on Weekly Robotics. If you would like to feature a project in this list feel free to contact authors or create a pull request on GitHub.
Open Source Robots
Rovers and Cars
- NASA Open Source Rover - A build-it-yourself, 6-wheel rover based on the rovers on Mars. Licence: Apache 2.0.
- Sawppy Rover - A 3D printed motorized model of Mars rovers Curiosity and Mars 2020 that can be build on $500 budget. Licence: MIT.
- DonkeyCar - DIY self driving platform for small scale cars. Requires an R/C car, Raspberry Pi and is programmed in Python. Licence: MIT.
- MORPH: Modular Open Robotics Platform for Hackers - An affordable modular differential drive platform for open robotics development for hackers. Licence: GPLv3.
- Linorobot - ROS Compatible ground robots (2WD, 4WD, Ackermann Steering, Mecanum Drive). Licence: BSD-2 Clause.
- OpenDog - Open Source quadruped robot designed by James Bruton. Licence: GPLv3.
- Stanford Doggo - Stanford Doggo is a highly agile robot designed to provide an accessible platform for legged robot research. Licence: MIT.
Open Source Sensors
Graphical User Interfaces
Machining and 3D Printing
- Cycloidal Reduction Drive Generator - A cycloidal reduction drive generator script for Autodesk Fusion360. Licence: Public Domain.
- Pointcloudprinter - Prepare pointclouds from aerial LIDAR scans for 3D printing. Licence: MIT.
- LinuxCNC - Open Source software that can drive milling machines, lathes, 3d printers, laser cutters, plasma cutters, robot arms, hexapods, and more. Licence: GPLv2.
- KITTI Vision Benchmark Suite - Vision benchmark captured in Karlsruhe, contains data fro LiDAR, GPS and stereo cameras. Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
- FLIR Thermal Dataset - Synced annotated thermal imagery and non-annotated RGB imagery for reference for ADAS research. Contains over 14k images.
- nuScenes dataset - Autonomous vehicle dataset that includes approximately 1.4M camera images, 390k LIDAR sweeps, 1.4M RADAR sweeps and 1.4M object bounding boxes in 40k keyframes.
- Lyft Level 5 dataset - Autonomous car dataset from Lyft where each car is equipped with 3 LiDARs and 7 cameras. The dataset comes with bounding boxes of traffic agens and underlying HD spatial semantic map.
- UZH-FPV Drone Racing Dataset - Quadrotor racing dataset that contains information from even camera, RGB camera and groundtruth from Leica Nova MS60 laser tracker. Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
- PCL data repositories - This website contains various datasets related to Point Cloud Library.
- PartNet - A consistent, large-scale dataset of 3D objects annotated with fine-grained, instance-level, and hierarchical 3D part information. The dataset consists of 573,585 part instances over 26,671 3D models covering 24 object categories. Licence: MIT.
Libraries and Frameworks
- Visual Servoing Platform - This project is a cross-platform library (Linux, Windows, Mac) that allows prototyping and developing applications using visual tracking and visual servoing technics. Licence: GPLv2.
- Point Cloud Library - Standalone, large scale, open project for 2D/3D image and point cloud processing. Licence: BSD
- OpenCV - Open Source computer vision library. Licence: BSD-3 Clause.
- videoflow - Python framework that facilitates the quick development of complex video analysis applications and other series-processing based applications in a multiprocessing environment. Licence: MIT.
- Robotics Library - Self-contained C++ library for rigid body kinematics and dynamics, motion planning, and control. Licence: BSD-2 Clause.
- openpose - Real-time multi-person keypoint detection library for body, face, hands, and foot estimation. Licence: permissible for non-profits and research organizations, commercial for for profit companies.
- Raisim - A physics for rigid-body dynamics simulation. Licence: Free for non-commercial use.
- Cartographer - 2D and 3D SLAM library, supports multiple platforms and sensor configurations. Licence: Apache 2.0.
- GMapping - GMapping is a highly efficient Rao-Blackwellized particle filer to learn grid maps from laser range data. Licence: BSD-3-Clause.
- hector_slam - hector_slam contains ROS packages related to performing SLAM in unstructured environments like those encountered in the Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) scenarios of the RoboCup Rescue competition. Licence: BSD.
- TinySLAM - This package provides ROS implentation of the tinySLAM that is one of the most simpliest and lightweight SLAM methods. Licence: MIT.
Courses and Tutorials
Libraries and Packages
- web_video_server - HTTP Streaming of ROS Image Topics in Multiple Formats. Licence: BSD.
- Webviz - A web based application for playback and visualization of ROS bag files made by Cruise Automation. Licence: Apache 2.0.
Books and Courses
Awesome Robotics Lists