Awesome Weekly Robotics
A collection of useful links discovered through the work on Weekly Robotics. If you would like to feature a project in this list feel free to contact authors or create a pull request on GitHub.
Open Source Robots
Rovers and Cars
- NASA Open Source Rover - A build-it-yourself, 6-wheel rover based on the rovers on Mars. Licence: Apache 2.0.
- Sawppy Rover - A 3D printed motorized model of Mars rovers Curiosity and Mars 2020 that can be build on $500 budget. Licence: MIT.
- DonkeyCar - DIY self driving platform for small scale cars. Requires an R/C car, Raspberry Pi and is programmed in Python. Licence: MIT.
- MORPH: Modular Open Robotics Platform for Hackers - An affordable modular differential drive platform for open robotics development for hackers. Licence: GPLv3.
- Linorobot - ROS Compatible ground robots (2WD, 4WD, Ackermann Steering, Mecanum Drive). Licence: BSD-2 Clause.
- OpenCat - Quadruped cat project with Open Source code (MIT Licence). The hardware designs seem to be proprietary at the moment.
- OpenDog - Open Source quadruped robot designed by James Bruton. Licence: GPLv3.
- Stanford Doggo - Stanford Doggo is a highly agile robot designed to provide an accessible platform for legged robot research. Licence: MIT.
Open Source Sensors
Graphical User Interfaces
Machining and 3D Printing
- KITTI Vision Benchmark Suite - Vision benchmark captured in Karlsruhe, contains data fro LiDAR, GPS and stereo cameras. Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
- FLIR Thermal Dataset - Synced annotated thermal imagery and non-annotated RGB imagery for reference for ADAS research. Contains over 14k images.
- nuScenes dataset - Autonomous vehicle dataset that includes approximately 1.4M camera images, 390k LIDAR sweeps, 1.4M RADAR sweeps and 1.4M object bounding boxes in 40k keyframes.
- UZH-FPV Drone Racing Dataset - Quadrotor racing dataset that contains information from even camera, RGB camera and groundtruth from Leica Nova MS60 laser tracker. Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
- PCL data repositories - This website contains various datasets related to Point Cloud Library.
Libraries and Frameworks
- Cartographer - 2D and 3D SLAM library, supports multiple platforms and sensor configurations. Licence: Apache 2.0.
- GMapping - GMapping is a highly efficient Rao-Blackwellized particle filer to learn grid maps from laser range data. Licence: BSD-3-Clause.
- hector_slam - hector_slam contains ROS packages related to performing SLAM in unstructured environments like those encountered in the Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) scenarios of the RoboCup Rescue competition. Licence: BSD.
- TinySLAM - This package provides ROS implentation of the tinySLAM that is one of the most simpliest and lightweight SLAM methods. Licence: MIT.
Courses and Tutorials
Libraries and Packages
Books and Courses
Awesome Robotics Lists